Image communication and training for businesses, consultants and individuals
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) is a national, nonprofit organization that provides free and confidential business advice. SCORE has a national network of over 10,000 volunteer working and retired executives who offer free guidance on the Web, at workshops and at their offices across the country.
- Work.com is a service for entrepreneurs with "more than 2,000 How-to Guides written by business experts and organized around a Taskonomy® of common business tasks such as finding employees, money and finance, business technology or start-up issues."
- Kaufman eVenturing has information related to starting and running a company, which includes templates, original articles, written by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, as well as a compilation of "the best of the best" related content on the Web.
- About.com's small business information site is chockablock full with a wide range of small business how-to's.
- StartupNation offers small business advice through podcast, newscasts and articles. It also has a forum and blog for information sharing between its members (membership is free).
- Bplans offers free sample business plans, government forms, templates to help examine financial issues, industry reports, advice and other planning tools. It is owned and operated by Palo Alto Software, so their products are also for sal on the site.
- Business Owner's Toolkit™ provides "free cost-cutting tips, step-by-step checklists, real-life case studies, startup advice, and business templates to small business owners and entrepreneurs. The site also offers a monthly newsletter, up-to-date news topics, and Ask Alice!, a column that closely follows industry trends and provides advice to inquiring site visitors."
- The Social Science Data Analysis Network (SSDAN) is a University of Michigan based organization that creates demographic media, such as user guides, web sites, and hands-on classroom computer materials that make U.S. census data accessible U.S. Census Bureau demographic information is broken down into useful and manageable segments.
Another source of free statistical information online is FedStats, a site that provides a range of information produced by the Federal government.
The Library of Congress has compiled The Entrepreneur's Guide to Small Business Information, a listing of books by category about establishing and running a business.
View color schemes and create your own at ColorSchemer.
Color, Vision & Art, an interactive exhibit about:Light, color and vision; Luminance and equiluminance;Color interaction; and Simultaneous contrast Peripheral vision.
The Color Association of the United States contains valuable information about color trends. More information is available on the web stie through membership and in their shop.
The Center for Nonverbal Studies (CNS) is a private, nonprofit research center dedicated to the study of human communication in all its forms apart from language. It is the home of the Nonverbal Dictionary of Gestures, Signs & Body Language Cues “From Adam's-Apple-Jump to Zygomatic Smile”
Previews from University of California Videos provide a quick test of your own nonverbal skills.
Many web sites are ephemeral. Although we do our best to keep up-to-date you may encounter non-functioning or incorrect links. Please report such events to us and the errors will be quickly corrected.
These links are provided by the Image Resource Center of New York for your convenience. As we have no control over their content we disclaim any responsibility any errors or misinformation on these sites.
The Perfect Fit, How to Start an Image Consulting Business, by Image Resource Center founder Dominique Isbecque and Lynne Henderson Marks, is available directly from its publisher: virtualbookworm.com.
The other books are available at your local book store and at Amazon.
This book is a "must-have" for anyone interested in the image consulting field. The comprehensive assessment tools help the reader determine his or her fit as a successful image consultant. The authors also include a guide to creating a realistic business plan that will help any entrepreneur succeed in growing and funding his or her new image consulting venture.” Bonnie Herron- VP/CFO of Intelligent Systems Corporation and a board member of NBIA National Business Incubators Association.
"Pantyhose are tangled like snakes on the floor. Party clothes have collected an inch of dust on their shoulders. Plastic dry-cleaning bags are threatening to take over and strangle the good stuff. And no matter how full that closet is, have you noticed, you still have nothing to wear? You know where you are? You're in fashion hell." Yes, there is help when bad clothes happen to good women. Beloved image consultant and makeover advisor Brenda Kinsel shows the way for all, beginning with Postcards from Hell, the Confessionals, and The 7 Deadliest Fashion Sins. Brenda shines the guiding light with up-to-date wardrobe advice so you can have a Miracle Makeover and all the vital knowledge you need to lift yourself straight to Fashion Heaven.
The title says it all.
“Milo Frank is a communications genius; his book can catapult you to a whole new level of success”. from an Amazon editorial review by the Corporate Group Vice President of Dart Industries.
“John Gage examines the many and varied attitudes through history toward color and its use. It is a philosophical book, an aesthetic book and a fascinating history lesson. Artists are likely to enjoy the discussion of the various "palettes" adopted and developed by artists such as Delacroix." Amazon reviewer, Duncan Mason.
John Gage examines the phenomenon of color from the point of view that color, whose meaning, like language, lies in the particular contexts in which it is experienced and interpreted.
From the back jacket:
“Now expanded to twelve personalized color palettes, this book will appeal to those whose lives have been changed already by the Color Me Beautiful system and to those who are ready to experience the power of color for the first time”.
A Comprehensive Guide to Wardrobe Planning, Color & Personal Style Development.
This definitive style resource is a proven way to find your style and build a wardrobe. It is included in the Image Resource Center Wardrobe / Style Analysis Training Class
"HUE: Color and hue are synonymous and can be used interchangeably."