Make Your Passion Your Profession: How to Transform Your Image Consulting
Skills into Marketable Services So You Can Impact More People,
Grow Your Business More Quickly & Make a
Lot More Money…in Less than 90 Days!
The Skills to Services Training is a combination of webinars, live interactive tutorials, a problem solving forum and fun exercises to help you put theory into practice. As a full service image consultant, you need to know how to tailor your consulting skills involving color, clothing and shopping to each individual client and that’s exactly what you’ll learn how to do in this training.
Each week we will focus on a different consulting skill and its applications. In the private problem-solving peer community we will be tackling common challenges, celebrating innovative ideas and testing out new marketing strategies that contribute to the long-term growth of your skills and your business.
This is a comprehensive training program designed to give you the skills, the structure and the confidence you need to grow your business more quickly.
Who Should Attend
• Individuals who want to take their image consulting business to the next level
• Individuals who have learned some basic skills and who now want to learn how to put theory into practice
• Individuals who want to be part of a community of professionals with whom they can share ideas, network and grow
• Individuals who have been working in the field and want a skills refresher
• Individuals who are ready to turn their passion into their profession in a way that is fun and sustainable
What You’ll Learn
• How to conduct a full Image Consultation from beginning to end
• How to apply an in-depth color analysis and suggest colors according to your clients’ energy, style and personality.
• How to select shapes and styles according to body types, body structure and proportions, including clients with “fit challenges”
• How to select and match patterns, prints and fabrics that link to a person’s features.
• How to create wardrobe plans and strategies for a client’s lifestyle, comfort zone and professional and personal goals
• How to educate clients so they feel empowered and still have them come back for more
• The methodology behind both add-on sessions of closet analysis (shop their closet) and personal shopping
• Communication techniques and strategies that build rapport and long term client relationships
Here’s a Sneak Peek at What Happens Each Week
Week One: Introduction and the Q-CAT Part One
You’ll learn Q-CAT, the unique and proprietary method for learning everything you need to know about your client’s image goals, aspirations, and style preferences in just 15 minutes. This technique alone shaves hours off the assessment process and makes you look like an image magician!
Week Two: The Q-CAT Part Two
You’ll learn a step-by-step process for conducting a full client assessment and how to transition from the Q-CAT to the other assessment elements such as color, faces, style and body/fit/proportion. Proper flow helps the client assimilate all the details, keeps them from being overwhelmed and ultimately, engages them to want to dig deeper with you.
Week Three: Finishing Touches
You’ll learn how to choose accessories, prints, textures and necklines according to the client’s face, body structure and fashion style and you’ll become confident in helping your clients express the image they want for specific events or situations. You’ll also learn how to best use accessories to complete a look and create focal points.
Week Four: Shop the Closet
You’ll discover how to create capsules that support lifestyle, professional goals and special events. Shopping in your client’s closet helps your clients maximize the use of their current wardrobe, build upon what they have with smart additions and transition out those items that no longer serve the client. You’ll learn how to create wardrobe plans that make it super easy and fun for your clients to dress appropriately on a daily basis.
Week Five: Shop the Store
During this session, you’ll learn how to find the right vendor for your clients according to age, budget, style, size, fit, goals and desired shopping experience. You’ll master the step-by-step methodology for the three stages of the shopping experience - pre shopping research, in-store strategies and conduct, along with post shopping summaries and tools for helping your clients implement what they have and what they know.
Week Six: Image as Communication
Everything we wear says something about who we are and what we care about. Our hairstyle and makeup round out our style signature. In this session you’ll learn how to help your clients reach their goals with the image they project. You’ll also learn how to use elements of design as image communication tools to raise and lower the visual volume from power to approachability.
Week Seven: Putting It All Together
In week 7 you’ll put it all together. You’ll discover the best strategies for aligning with the professionals you want to work with, how to connect to people in your industry and how to build your network through referrals. Finally, you’ll uncover best practice for getting top-notch vendors on board so that when your client list fills up, you’ll be ready to deliver what they want.
All video tutorial sessions will be divided as follows:
1. Content (techniques - demonstration);
2. Instruction (recipe for success, avoid distress);
3. Communication and best practices (do’s and don’ts of a successful consultation);
4. Weekly mission (assignment to practice content)
Dates & Tuition
Dates: May 24, 2013 – July 15, 2013
Special Bonus: Register by --> May 7th <-- and receive three 30-minute private coaching sessions with me.
Live Webinars: Dates are as follows:
Saturday June 1 – 11am Eastern
Saturday June 8 – 11am Eastern
Saturday June 15 – 11am Eastern
Saturday June 22 – 11am Eastern
Saturday June 29 – 11am Eastern
Saturday July 6 – 11am Eastern
Saturday July 13 – 11am Eastern
While I do encourage you to attend live so you can get the benefit of interacting and asking your questions as they arise, each webinar will be RECORDED so if you are unable to attend live, you will get access to the recording so you can listen at a time that is more convenient for your schedule.
What You’ll Get Out of the Training
• You’ll be able to perform a complete analysis of a client using the following skills: color analysis, FIT, proportion and fashion style
• You’ll be able to confidently recommend the best colors, styles, fabrics and accessories to support your clients’ goals
• You’ll learn a method that will allow you to identify your client’s goals, clothing comfort zone, fashion style and more in just 15 minutes
• You’ll be able to select outfits according to fashion style and body types
• You’ll be able to deliver a wardrobe analysis and plan according to clients’ needs and personal characteristics
• You’ll be able to organize the perfect initial consultation and upsell your services
• You’ll learn proven strategies for managing your time, session length, pace and client expectations so that you’re clients are thrilled to work with you, hire you again, and tell everyone they know about you
• You’ll be able to use your image consulting skills confidently and launch your business immediately
This class is designed for people who already have had foundation skills training either at the Image Resource Center or another recognized training institution. Please submit your prior courses taken to the IRCNY team via email at email@example.com We will be more than happy to recommend the most suitable class for you.
The Image Builder Training Manual by Dominique Isbecque
The Perfect Fit: How to Start an Image Consulting Business by Dominique Isbecque (This will be mailed to you at the time of registration.)
About Dominique Isbecque
Dominique Isbecque, AICI, CIP, is Founder of the Image Resource Center of New York, industry pioneer and one of the co-architects of the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). For over 30 years, she has coached and trained thousands of individuals from more than 35 nations, ranging from executives and media personalities to support and sales staff, in the art of perception management, business etiquette and customer service.
Dominique is considered the coach's coach, and her firm belief in personal service drives her work as a consultant. She has also trained corporate trainers in image and professional presence at companies such as HSBC and Saks Fifth Avenue. She has advised corporations such as Clairol, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, JPMorgan, Robert Marston Public Relations, The American Bankers Association, Screen Actors Guild, and AT&T on interpersonal image communications, personal promotion strategies and perception management.
Dominique has been instrumental in building the field of image and personal communications through speaking engagements, seminars, TV appearances and radio guest spots. She has written for and been featured in such national publications as The New York Times, Vogue, Glamour, Forbes and the Color Association of the United States' - Color Compendium Dictionary. She is a founder and past president of the Association of Image Consultants International which honored her with their Award of Excellence as well as with the IMMIE award for her personal and professional commitment to the Industry.
Currently the Coordinator and an Adjunct Instructor of the Certificate Program in Image Consulting at the Fashion Institute of Technology, Dominique has also held positions as President of Beyond Fashion Inc., Director of Training for LOOK Consulting and was the first national spokesperson for 1-800-FLOWERS. She is co-author of The Perfect Fit, How to Start an Image Consulting Business. In addition, Dominique’s background includes work as a photographer and a documentary film maker.
Born in Africa and raised in both Belgium and the United States, she now resides in New York City. Dominique holds a B.A. in Contemporary Arts, is conversant in Spanish and fluent in French.
• AICI, CIP (Certified Image Professional), Association of Image Consultants International
• Coordinator and Adjunct Professor of the Certificate Program in Image Consulting, Fashion Institute of Technology
• Certificates in Color and Image, Personal Spectrums, Color Harmony Group, Fashion Academy
• DiSC® distributor and coach, Inscape
• Certified Strategist, Coach U
• Certificate in Leadership Studies, New York University
• Media training, Robert Marston Public Relations
• B.A. in Contemporary Arts, Ramapo College of New Jersey
• Languages: Spanish, conversant French, fluent
What Clients Are Saying
“Dominique gives clear and concise information to build an Image Consulting career. She does this with humor and joy. Color theory could be very complicated to understand, but she presented the material with simplicity and clarity.”
– Tamara Hamilton
“Dominique is fabulous, approachable and incredibly well versed in all aspects of image consulting, particularly with color.”
– Lacey James
“Dominique is so sharp and objective. She helps students understand a great amount of content in a short amount of time. It’s wonderful. I learned so much from her. Words can’t explain how much she has enhanced my skills. Thank you so much.”
– Camila Sena da Silva
“I have not been empowered, I have been truly enriched. I understand core components of image and the verbiage I need to educate my clients. I have a far better perspective regarding my value as an image consultant.”
– Heather Havewood
“What can I say? Hmm… let’s see… You are fabulous! Really! I want to thank you for the wonderful experience I had in your Image Consulting course. Your instruction and guidance proved invaluable – I can’t believe how much I have learned! I feel so lucky that I found you and was able to snatch that coveted last spot! You really made me feel confident about my future – and it’s a fabulous feeling.”
– Debra Moore
“I just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you so very much for giving of yourself so openly in the image training. I learnt so much and am very grateful for your honesty and passion. You truly are inspirational and I feel incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunity to train with you. Thank you for everything from the bottom of my heart.”
“I just wanted to thank you again for an incredible experience! It was an absolute pleasure to be trained by such a knowledgeable, inspiring and savvy business woman – I feel very blessed to have met you and cannot wait to see what the future holds! I will never forget the role you played in my success!”